It takes roughly eight minutes for an unattended flame to swell to a massive structural fire. According to the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments around the world report structural fires every 64 seconds. A number of deaths are reported every year and the mortality rate keeps increasing. Those who do survive the fire, have to take care of the damage inflicted upon the property immediately.
Causes of Fire:
There are multiple causes of fire:
● The most leading cause of fire is leaving a stove or cooking equipment unattended
● Short circuiting in electronic devices or faulty wiring
● Children playing with fire
● Putting fire to a garbage can
● Gas leakage and chemical exposure
● Things like cigarette and candles that have not been put out
Why Fire Safety Plans Often Fail to Work?
Unchecked fire safety plan: Your fire safety plan consists of two major systems which are often ignored:
1. Sprinklers: Sprinkler need to be inspected every six months to ensure that they are not waterlogged otherwise they won’t go off when the fire starts.
2. Fire Alarm: Often the batteries in a fire alarm die, because of this, it does not give out the signal when a fire incident occurs. Sometimes, the fire alarms are also disconnected or broken.
After The Fire Has Been Put Out:
Annually, the US faces a loss of 7.3 billion dollars due to property lost in fire damage. It produces toxic gases and smoke which can clog your lungs and cause disorientation. Fire and smoke will also leave your house in a crumbling state, which will require you to spend a lot to restore.
Some of the major damages caused by fire are:
● Walls, furniture and other household items stained with soot and smoke
● Carpets, upholstery and clothes burned partially or completely by smoke
● Charred wooden items and deformed plastics
● Noxious smoke odor, ashes and debris
● Water penetration in crevices of the house
● Holes cut in the roof and ceiling by fire fighters
● Corrosion and yellowing of metal work
● Damages in foundation if structural fire has occurred
The Need for Professionals for the Fire Damage Clean up
Taking care of fire damage clean-up is time consuming and tiresome if you do it on your own. Always hire professionals for the job because they have the right skills and experience to deal with fire damages. They have customized plans for all kinds of house fires. They have the expertise to identify what items can be saved and they also have the right equipment to repair and restore these salvaged objects.
Thousand Oaks fire damage restoration helps you restore fire damages in your residential and commercial properties. Smoke remediation and odor removal is a primary job and both require technical expertise. Our work is systematic and properly time-framed so that you can return to your business or home as soon as possible.
We are distinct from other fire damage restoration companies because:
● We have a 24/7 emergency service available
● Quick emergency response at doorstep in thirty minutes
● First choice of insurance companies
● Qualified and skilled technicians
● State-of-the-art equipment
● Step by step communication with client along the process of fire damage repair.
● Customize fire damage repair plan and fire safety plan
If you have recently undergone a fire incident, feel free to contact us and get a free consultation. Call us on 805-244-6130 or visit us at Thousand Oaks Fire Damage
24/7 Water Damage Restoration
1341 E Thousand Oaks Bl #112
Thousand Oaks, CA91362